How to Donate Stuff
Drop off hours:
Monday 10-2pm Friday 10-2 And last Saturday of Month 9-12PM
Drop off address:
Central Furniture Rescue
2275 16th Ave SW
Cedar Rapids, IA 52404
Partnering Mover – KJ Haul Away
Call for Quote 319-343-8488
www.kjhaulaway.com – to request a pickup on line
Or schedule a pick up with Central Furniture Rescue Volunteers
Press Red Button To Schedule pick up with Central Furniture Rescue Volunteers. We do ask For a Free Will donation for us to Pick up. Please think about what it would cost to have the items removed by a professional when considering the donation.
Please remember we are 100% volunteer run organization and not professional movers and are not able to move your items from inside your home. We ask that you have your items ready for pick up in Garage, driveway or porch.
The need for us to pick up furniture is greater than our current volunteer drivers and helpers can handle. If you have the ability to deliver please do.
Please complete the form and our donations coordinator will get back to you as soon as we can.
Thank you for helping turn a place to live into a home.
The accepted items listed below are general items needed to Turn a Place to Live into a Home. If you have something not listed please call or messages us.
- Sofas and Love Seats
- End Tables and Coffee Tables
- Living room Chairs, recliners, and rockers
- Small to Medium Kitchen Tables and chairs
- Mattresses and Box Springs – Free of rips, stains, strong odors and/or pet hair
- Dressers and night stands
- Bed Frames
- Bunk beds, loft beds- must have all the parts and hardware.
- Cribs – must be manufactured after June of 2011 and must have all the parts and hardware.
- Pack and plays
- Bakeware and cookie sheets
- Dishes and silverware
- Drinking glasses
- Kitchen towels and hot pan holders
- Kitchen utensils – including can openers
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing bowls
- Pots and pans
- Storage containers
- Small appliances, including coffee makers, crock pots, microwaves and toasters
- Bedding, including comforters, sheets, blankets
- Bath towels, bath rugs and shower curtains
- Area rugs
- Trash cans, laundry baskets, fans, and lamps
- TVs: manufactured in 2010 or newer, 36″ or smaller, free standing (no wall mount), flat panel, must include remote
Central Furniture Rescue actively recycles, working with city authorities and private organizations to divert as much waste from landfills as possible.